Last updated on March 25th, 2023 at 04:56 pm
“I’m safe. What’s he gonna take from me – shoes?” – Carrie Bradshaw, Sex & The City, Season 3 Episode 10
If Carrie were written for today, she’d be surprised to see that her obsession with what goes on her feet pales in comparison to what strangers online want.
Manolo Blahnik?… No thank you, ma’am. I’d prefer a picture with your toes in mashed potatoes (yes, this is real).
The truth is there’s a market for everything.
From stock photo sites to social media to a good old fashioned foot fetish, those pedicured piggies have become as mainstream as Kim K’s posterior in 2014.
If you’re reading this, you’ve likely heard about selling feet pics online without fully comprehending what an incredibly lucrative opportunity selling feet photos can be. Maybe you’ve even joked with your friends about putting your feet online.
The truth is, selling your feet photos is quickly becoming one of the hottest side hustles among entrepreneurial millennial women and it’s totally possible for anyone with camera-ready toes to get in on this action.
Like any side hustle, you can’t just post pictures of your feet online and expect that money is going to start rolling in. Side hustles require hustle (hence the name). There is definitely work involved in setting it up. However, like any good business, once your systems are in place, feet pics may be an easy way to supplement your income.
In fact, selling feet pics may be the perfect side hustle for you. It’s a great way for women (heck, men too, we don’t discriminate) all over the world to make an extra $100-$1000/mo. that doesn’t take too much of their time.
In order for you to put your best foot forward (I’m sorry… I couldn’t help it – please don’t stop reading!), our detailed guide will help you navigate through this popular income stream while avoiding any potential scams that come along the way — let’s get started!
How much money can you make selling feet pics?
Selling feet pics online can actually be extremely lucrative.
While most people won’t turn this into a living, they may find there are plenty of people who buy feet pics that can help you to generate $100 – $1,000 extra dollars per month. When I say plenty of people who buy feet pics, I mean PLENTY. For example, the popular foot pictures marketplace, Feet Finder, gets more than 600K visitors to their website every. single. month.
So, unless you have Fred Flintstone feet, there’s a chance that there’s someone(s) out there who buys feet pics and may be looking for you.
Now, while most won’t be able to leave their 9-to-5, the fortunate few who have hustled and treated this like the actual opportunity that it is, have made serious money selling feet pics.
These women have become full fledged foot models and make money selling feet pics to the tune of $5,000+/mo. to $6,000+/mo. to, even as much as, $10,000+/mo.
You can do this. You can make money selling feet pics online.
How much do feet pics sell for?
The answer to this question depends on a few factors, including the type of photos you take and how many followers you have on your social media platforms. Generally speaking, it is possible to make anywhere from $5 – $100 per transaction depending on the quality of the images, if there are any custom requests from the buyer, the number of photos sold within the package, and any accompanying content (such as videos) that can be packaged with the photos.
I’ve seen rates vary from multiple sources online, but I recommend watching this video from FashionCeesta to get a better sense:
In it she breaks down her weekly earnings and her thoughts on the below price list:
- $20 – Bundle 2 or 3 pics
- $40 – Special Poses
- $100 – Anything including face (photo or 30 sec video)
- $60 – Worn shoes + additional shipping
- $10 – Clean or worn socks + $7 shipping
- $40 – 30 second video
- $60 – 1 or 2 min videos
- $100 – Custom video 30 sec to 5 min
- $50 – Regular customer bundles
- (all prices negotiable)
Personal note – I appreciate the fact that she has a standard bundled rate. From a marketing perspective, it makes sense to think of how to upsell the client. If you sell feet pics for $12 each or 3 for $20, you’re much more likely to get more $20 purchases.
How can I take the perfect feet pics?
Not everyone is Ashley Tisdale (who apparently has ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ feet according to wikifeet), but there are still a few ways that you can ensure you’ll take gorgeous foot photos that will get people to swipe their credit cards.
Keys to taking feet photos that will get attention and turn into repeat customers:
- Take good care of your feet. Whether getting a professional pedicure or using an at home foot spa kit, you want to make sure you’re pampering your feet regularly. These are your money makers after all!
- Make sure you’re using a good camera. Your audience will want high quality photos and videos. Think of it like this, you don’t want to watch a grainy YouTube video or blurry Instagram photo, do you? Your customers will want the same from your feet photos (and will be willing to pay top dollar for quality).
- Study what other people are doing. If you see other feet pics online, what makes them interesting? What allows a foot model to sell to stock photo websites vs. selling foot pictures based upon “personal” interest? From foot jewelry (like toe rings and anklets) to bare feet to freshly painted toe nails to squishing things (like sand) between your toes, you’ll see that there are all kinds of feet poses and ornamentation that feet lovers are looking for when buying pictures of your feet.
(bonus tip: Feet Finder has hundreds of categories and images to look through to find something that speaks to your personal preferences)
Where can I sell my pictures of my feet for money?
“To catch fish, you need to think like a fish NOT like a fisherman.”
Simply put, you need to think like your customer.
Where are they hanging out? What are they talking about? What are they looking for?
I’m going to give you the DIY way of approaching this and then the best apps online to sell feet pics.
How can I sell feet pics online myself?
Let’s start with setting up your online profile (we’ll dig into this more when we discuss safety).
You want to have a place to send people. Start an Instagram account.
This acts as your marketing “hub” where you can have teaser imagery and links to wherever you actually sell pictures, but will also allow you to message potential customers who want to purchase feet pics without having to use your personal account.
If you want to find ideas for what people are actually posting on social media, follow the steps below to allow you to see all feet pics and videos on social media platforms (like Instagram or TikTok).
- Go to Google
- Type in “site:” (minus the quotations)
- Add the URL you want to search within immediately following “site:” (this would look like – site:instagram.com or site:tiktok.com)
- Add the phrase “tags:” (minus the quotations) and add “pretty feet” afterwards (this should now look like (site:instagram.com tags:pretty feet)
This gives you an enormous amount of content to replicate. Beyond that, and more importantly, is the ability to find potential customers.
Click either one of the results. Then, check out the people who are engaging with some of the top posts. They are requesting DMs to buy. They’re raising their hand on social media and saying, “Pick me. Sell to me. I want to buy photos of your feet.”
Of all the social media platforms, Reddit has to be the most primed to better understand what the the online community of feet lovers is looking for. The subreddit r/feetpics has nearly 500K members:
This community will give you insight into what they are looking for.
You can lurk. You can engage. You can promote.
500K people are waiting to tell you how best to sell feet pictures if you listen to what they’re saying.
If you’re continuing the DIY route, you’ll want to move people from your social profile and to your own payment processors. You can build a no code website with something like Carrd or Webflow. From there, set up a checkout with Stripe or Paypal and you’re good to go (note: the payment account should be under a separate entity. For example, you want people to pay you on Venmo @prettyinpinktoes rather than @stephanie).
While the above tactics to sell feet pictures is built for the “DIY” path, the marketing tactics can (and should) still be used if you use apps, websites, and marketplaces to find buyers for your feet pics.
What’s the best app to sell feet pics?
If you’re interested in dipping your toe (sorry, last pun!) into the world of online marketplaces, then there are really only two sites I’d recommend.
And, the reason I’d recommend promoting pictures of your feet on marketplaces like the above are:
- Infrastructure is already built – you have a landing page and payment gateways already included. You don’t need to build your own website. You don’t need to set up a Stripe account. They’ve built the tools. You just have to share a percentage of your sales to help that infrastructure to continue to work effectively.
- Audience is baked in – People know of the platforms (at least the people who are looking for foot pictures). In fact, you can actually put yourself in front of people who are actively searching for your product.
- Trust and safety are included – When you start selling feet pictures online, being able to avoid scammers and, simultaneously, having your audience trust you is a massive bonus. There is a brand recognition that exists with companies like Feet Finder and OnlyFans, that allow for a more seamless transaction.
Is selling pictures of your feet safe? How do I avoid scams?
If you’re selling feet photos, you’re going to want to know how to stay safe. The last thing you need is someone taking your property (aka your feet pics) without paying you. Or worse, you’ve become the Whitney Houston of the world of foot pictures and you’ve got your own Greg Portman stalking you (we can all agree The Bodyguard is one of the greatest stalker movies of all time, right?)
So, how do you sell your feet pics safely? Here are some key tips:
- Protecting your identity – unless you want to be known within the foot fetish community, then you’ll likely want to keep your identity a secret.
- You should not answer personal questions online.
- You do not have to show your face when you selling feet pics online.
- Your Instagram account can be under a pseudonym and only show foot images.
- Your payment processor can be under a private company name.
- You can use a VPN to keep your location private.
- Collecting payment – most people are going to pay you without any issues. However, in the world of online payments, there are some things to look out for.
- Use a reputable payment processor (i.e. PayPal, Venmo, Stripe, etc.)
- You are the seller, not the buyer. Never send anyone money.
- Do not accept gift cards for payment.
- Do not click links that people send you in order to “send payment”.
- Receive payment before releasing your feet pics.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is selling feet pics online legal?
Yes. Selling feet pics is legal.
Do you have to show your face when selling feet pics?
No. You absolutely do now have to show your face when you sell foot photos. There are people who re willing to pay more for this. While I’d recommend that you do not show your face, you will need to use your own judgment about what you’re comfortable with.
Where are the best places to sell feet pictures online?
You should sell feet pictures via social media, FeetFinder, OnlyFans, or stock photo sites.
Do you have to pay taxes on feet pics?
That depends. If you sell feet pictures online and you make the kind of money that I hope you make, then, yes, you’ll have to pay taxes on the side hustle income. In 2023, you’ll need to pay taxes on any amount owed above $400. Here’s a great resource for your tax consideration.
How much money can you make selling pictures of your feet online?
Most people will earn less than $1000. However, there is a large market of buyers for this and there are people who are legitimately earning as much 6-figures annually with their feet pictures.
Selling feet pictures – Summary
Selling feet pics may not be for everyone. However, there is no shortage of buyers if you’d like to sell your feet pics online. Use the tactics above to ensure that you sell pictures where potential customers are looking for them, protect your identity, and earn as much money as possible. Good luck!